Okay, so it has been awhile that I'm pretty sure I was required to be blogging that I have not been blogging at all. How long has bloggery been around anyway? I think a long time. I think a lot of years. Anyway, now that Petey and I have been married for almost a year and a freaking HALF or so, I have finally gotten myself to create a semblance of a blog of our own! Yes, it is here. This is the first post we will be putting out. Man. I gotta create some kind of story here, yes? Ooookayyyy.
So of course the holidays have been amazing, and other than fabulous lounging, eating, thrifting, card playing and celebrating various things, I think two pretty sweet things happened that merit a bit of a post. First, Peter did the coolest thing that nomads can do, which is to provide good transportation! In his words, he "resurrected" the Mighty Mighty Metro from the grave. I like his words; they're a little nutty, but quite accurate. I got out of school at a great time to go up to visit the family in Atlanta pretty early. We weren't sure that Peter would get leave for such a long holiday trip, so I bought meself a one-way ticket, while planning on driving home with him whenever necessary. It turned out last minute that he got the leave, but decided to use a few of those early days to just stay home and finally fix his miracle car. This car is awesome, and many of the people close to us know its story, but basically Peter spent a mere $400 on him approximately, what, five or six years ago, and he has lasted FOREVER! We thought he was dead due to a fender bender (a tiny one, which somehow TOTALED the car...obviously not our safest automotive choice) but lo and behold, Peter was able to fix it for a little over $600 (yes, more than the original price paid, but STILL!) and a mere 2.5 days of his time (literally though, probably 2.5 days in hours. So that's a lot). Thankfully, he is a very talented mechanic, among many other things, and we now have two cars to drive again. !
No comments:
Post a Comment